ALPINE hosts a day-long meeting annually where participants discuss various topics relevant to the advancement of land protection efforts in academic settings, including:
- how to move towards the permanent protection of academic lands
- how to connect students and faculty with land trusts and other conservation practitioners
- new research and curriculum resources in land conservation
- how to foster collaboration with Regional Conservation Partnerships (RCPs)
- how to effectively educate and train our next generation of conservation professionals
ALPINE participants include faculty, students, administrators and land protection practitioners that network with and learn from each other towards a shared goal of increasing land protection across the region.
The next annual meeting will take place on October 11, 2019 at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.