Resources and Funding Opportunities for RCPs
Watershed Protection and Conservation Resources for RCPs:
- US EPA's Healthy Watersheds Initiative
- Grants and Funding Sources for Watershed Protection
- Economic Benefits of Protecting Healthy Watersheds: Fact Sheet
- US Forest Service's Private Forests, Public Benefits
- Kira Jacobs, US EPA Specialist, on Benefits of Working with Water Suppliers and Watershed Managers (her talk begins at 20:27)
Current Funding Opportunities for RCPs:
- Open Space Institute's Western Massachusetts Land Protection Fund Grants
Past Funding Opportunities for RCPs:
- Open Space Institute's Transborder Fund - US/Canada - applications due Oct. 3, 2012. You must request an application.
- USFS State and Private Forestry Redesign Grants - project applications deadline has been postponed until further notice
- America's Great Outdoors Landscape Conservation Stewardship Program - on-line application was due by July 31, 2012
Past RCP Gatherings:
- PowerPoints, Notes, and Video from the 2012 RCP Network Gathering
- PowerPoints and handouts from the 2011 RCP Gathering
Aggregation and/or Collaborative Conservation:
- Landowner Participation Letter
- Western MA Aggregation Memorandum of Agreement
- Procedure for calculating Stewardship Fund
Collaborative Decision-Making and Partnerships:
- US Fish and Wildlife's Partnership Portal
- Red Lodge Clearinghouse
- Creating Successful Collaborations in the West: Lessons from the Field by Tilt et al.
Strategic Conservation Mapping
- Resilient Sites for Terrestrial Conservation in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions by TNC's Eastern Conservation Science: Mark G. Anderson, Melissa Clark, and Arlene Olivero Sheldon
Enagaging Family Forest Owners
- The Sustaining Family Forests Initiative's Tools for Engaging Landowners Effectively
- Information on Engaging Landowners
Other Conservation Resources:
- State by State list of resources
- Private Landowner Network's Yellow pages
- Draft chapter on Woodland Conservation, part of a new edition of Rural by Design by Randall Arendt
Other Large Landscape Conservation Initiative Resources:
- North Atlantic Conservation Cooperative Annual Report 2011
- Practitioners Network for Large Landscape Conservation Initiatives
- Northeast Landscapes Atlas
JOIN the RCP NETWORK!
Join other conservation practitioners working across geopolitical boundaries for peer exchange, technical training, annual gatherings, webinars and more!
Click here to join the Network, and check out these other ways to engage other large landscape collaborative conservation practitioners!