Academics for Land Protection in New England will be offering again this summer, a program for undergraduate and graduate students interested in becoming the next generation of land conservation leaders. The Summer Institute is offered at no cost to students and includes:
- Two intensive weekends scheduled for June 8-10, 2018 at the Harvard Forest, Petersham, MA and July 27-29, 2018 at the Schoodic Institute in Winter Harbor, ME
- Presentations by leaders in organizations such as the Harvard Forest, the Harvard Kennedy School, the International Land Conservation Network, the Maine Coast Heritage Trust, and the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy
- Writing assignments and reflections
- Leadership training exercises
- Hikes and field trips to important land conservation projects in New England
- Meals and accommodation for both weekends
For more information on the ALPINE Summer Institue and to apply, click here.